Spy Pilot: Francis Gary Powers, the U-2 Incident, and a Controversial Cold War Legacy Hardcover – Illustrated, January 22, 2019
Summary of Reviews(AI generated from reviews across the web)
The general opinion of the book is that it is informative and provides a good overview of the events surrounding the U-2 Incident and Francis Gary Powers' legacy. Some users find the book to be a little dry, but overall it is well-received.
Top 5 Pros
- The U-2 Incident – Spy Pilot covers the story of Francis Gary Powers, who was shot down over Russia and held for more than a year before being released in a prisoner exchange. The incident and its aftermath are fascinating, and the book does a good job of putting the events into context.
- The Artistry of Spy Pilot – The book is beautifully illustrated and makes for a stunning read.
- The Author's Expertise – The author is an expert on the U-2 and the Cold War, and his writing is clear and engaging.
- The Book's Relevance – Spy Pilot is relevant to today's world, as it covers a key event in Cold War history.
- The Overall Quality – Spy Pilot is a high-quality book that is well worth reading.
Top 5 Cons
- The U-2 Incident: This event is considered controversial because it led to the imprisonment of Francis Gary Powers and the public's perception of the Cold War.
- Hardcover: This book is hardcover, which may not be comfortable for some users.
- Illustrated: Some users find the illustrations distracting and intrusive.
- January 22, 2019: This book was published on January 22, 2019, which may be too soon for some users.
- Controversial: This book is controversial because it is about the U-2 Incident and the Cold War.